Loving God Daily
Jesus said, “If you love me, you will keep my commands." (Jn 14:15)
One way you can express your love for Jesus is by being committed to Him. This is what love is really all about: commitment. You don’t really love somebody unless you’re committed to their best.
Nothing significant ever happens in life without commitment. Your commitments determine your future. You are becoming whatever you are committed to, so choose your commitments carefully. If you’re committed to the wrong thing, you’re going to become the wrong thing.
You can’t lose by being committed to God. The Bible tells us in 2 Chronicles 16:9 that God is looking for people whose hearts are fully committed to Him so that He can bless and use them.
What does it mean to be fully committed to God?
• Giving my life to Jesus Christ.
• Committing my life to His family—the body of Christ, which is the church—and joining a church family.
• Choosing to grow spiritually and become more and more like Jesus Christ everyday in my character.
• Being in Bible Study every week.
• Using my talents and gifts to help others.
• Sharing the good news with other people and fulfilling the mission and purpose God put me on this earth to do.
These commitments show that worship is not just something that happens in the four walls of a church building. Worship can happen anywhere as you “take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering.” (Romans 12:1b MSG).
Father, I commit my life to your work today. May your Spirit be my guide and lead me to be where you are. I want to be effective in my obedience and commitments to you. Open my eyes to see like Jesus. Grant wisdom and grace for every moment of the day. May people be encouraged and blessed because of my faithfulness. Help me not to take you for granted or to make excuses, but to be the humble, loving servant you called me to be. May it be so for everyone who prays this prayer with me. In the matchless Name Jesus I pray. Amen!